MasterMoves Kids Centre
The MasterMoves Kids Model is an educational programme intended for Grade R, 1, 2, and 3 learners and is presented as an in class activity. This programme is unique in the sense that it uses chess to understand Mathematics and Science concepts as well as basic life skills to the young learners at foundation phase. This Model has two types of Centres a school can choose from:
- School Owned Centre
This is one of the two Centre business which a school can purchase directly from Tsogo Sun Moves for Life, the agreement will be between the school and Tsogo Sun Moves for Life. The school has an option of appointing a trained teacher or gives TSMFL the mandate to appoint a trained teacher. The programme is implemented according to the school timetable.
- Agent/Individual Owned Centre
This is one of the two Centre business which an individual can purchase the Centre from Tsogo Sun Moves for Life and monitors the programme on behalf of TSMFL, the agreement will be between the school and the agent/representative. The school has an option of appointing a trained teacher or gives the agent/representative the mandate to appoint a trained teacher. The programme is implemented according to the school time table.
MasterMoves Kids Programme Key Impact
- Impact on the largest number of learners, all participants benefit
- Impact at an extremely low cost
- Impact at the age where it matters most
- Establish fundamental math, science and life skill concepts
- Learning through play
- Educator empowerment: training & support
- Measurement and continuous improvement
TSMFL will take responsibility to train agents/representatives, complete relevant documents relating to contracts. There will be a criteria to follow in the recruitment of agents/representatives. We have motivated organisations dealing with entrepreneurship programmes to partner with us.
We encourage funding organisations to provide sponsorship to entrepreneurs for them to realise their long awaited dreams of one day owning a business.
Level 1&2 training will be given to the agent/representative. The initial training is a 3-day session including the following:
• DAY 1:
Introduction to TSMFL
Introduction to Social Enterprise Development
• DAY 2:
MasterMoves Kids (Gr.R-3)
Introduction to MasterMoves Kids (Gr.4-7)
• DAY 3:
Basic Chess Training including a practical session
After successful completion of Level 1&2 training, the agent/representative will have the option to complete the ETDP SETA NQF5 training (Unit Standard 117811 – Facilitate Learning using a variety of given methodologies; part of ID 50334). Upon successful completion of the SETA training, the agent/representative will be awarded a National Certificate (Occupationally Directed Education).
The following documentation will be available
How do you roll-‐out and implement the MasterMoves programme?
1. TSMFL Head Office/Trainers meets with the School Principal, HOD and Teachers of the relevant grades.
2. Teachers receive a Teacher file with fully worked-‐out lesson plans on each topic/unit.
3. Teachers are trained by TSMFL to use the programme and how to link it to their everyday in-‐class use in all learning areas/subjects (integration strategies).
4. Learners receive workbooks or worksheets for class work/consolidation.
5. Schools are visited and supported by a facilitator on a weekly or two weekly basis. Meetings with teachers either as individuals, in grade groups and as the whole phase.
6. Diagram of implementation on request.
Scope of programme roll-out:
The MasterMoves Kids programme. This programme is intended for Grade RR, R, 1, 2 and 3 learners and is presented as an in-‐class activity. This programme is unique in the sense that it uses chess to train Math concepts, Science and basic Life skills to the young learner in a playful, fun and easy way. It links with CAPS and any other registered approved curriculum and are used by teachers in all subjects in class.
Activities and deliverables MasterMoves Kids
1.3 Teacher training & support
1.4 PR and Marketing
1.6 Competitive Play Facilitation
1.7 Monitoring and Record Keeping
1.8 Programme Administration
1.9 Monitoring and evaluation
All Costs Available on request